What is Industry 4.0?
Industry 4.0 refers to a new phase in the manufacturing industry with a heavy focus on automation, interconnectivity and real-time data.
- It involves the use of Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, Cloud Computing, Cognitive Computing, and cyber-physical systems to achieve the goal of a smart factory.
- It combines physical operations and production with machine learning, smart digital technology, and Big Data to create a connected ecosystem for companies with a focus on manufacturing and supply chain management.
Use intelligence and technology to drive the manufacturing industry forward through flexibility, efficiency and being more customer-centric. To achieve automation and optimization that lets you discover new business models by integrating cutting-edge technologies.
Industry 4.0 – Technology Pillars
Big Data and Analytics
Big Data plays a key role in Industry 4.0 in the following ways:
- It helps companies to enhance operations and equips them to make intelligent decisions quickly.
- It helps to format, manipulate, store and analyse the captured data from various sources which in turn provides companies with useful insights to enhance operations, increase their customer base and increase ROI
Internet of Things
IoT allows for communication between objects and machines such as sensors and mobile devices as well as with human beings to come up with solutions. It helps to generate large volumes of data from which insights can be derived to improve the efficacy and productivity of the industrial processes.
It provides a means to deliver technology using internet servers to the consumers for processing and data storage with the client system using the data. Cloud computing is a critical enabler of Industry 4.0 offering enterprises to quickly complete the digital transformation process.
Cybersecurity aids in the protection of Internet-connected systems which includes software, hardware, and data from cyber-attacks. Secure and vigilant cybersecurity strategies help to manage risks in the age of connected production.
Cognitive Computing helps to stimulate the human thought process in machines to identify complex situations which involve answers that may be uncertain & ambiguous. It helps to derive actionable insights across the entire value chain that help to drive improvements in productivity, quality, reliability, and efficiency of the manufacturing environment.
What SMACAR offers?
SMACAR develops scalable solutions that help to modernize factories, optimize processes and increase efficiency. We have a highly skilled team of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning & Artificial Intelligence engineers and Cloud solution architects who will help you find the right solution.
SMACAR Solutions helps you implement Industry 4.0 in the following ways:
- Harness smart technologies to help customers achieve increased productivity and reduced costs while driving ROI.
- Our IoT solutions help to connect people, machines, the flow of goods and processes leading to fast integration and flexible configuration.
- Using visual technologies such as AR & VR, we help our clients keep track of manufacturing processes, production flows and resource training allowing for real-time analysis of manufacturing and logistics data.
- Enhances the efficiency of the production process through the integration of cloud computing.
- Leverage AR & VR for real-time analysis of manufacturing & logistics data.